Quick, easy and tastes amazing. Plus, it’s healthy.
Hussam and I cooked salmon and hamour before and they’re both two of our favourite dishes. We decided to get Basa fish fillet from the store even though we didn’t know what dish we wanted to make. Since we both like chilli and lemon, it made sense to make a chilli-lemon fish dish 😉
What you need:
- 3 Basa fillets.
- 1 or 2 T/spoons olive oil. [We use olive oil from Palestine which is by far the best I’ve ever had]
- A bit of salt, not more than half a t/spoon
- Chilli powder or crushed red chilli. [We used the latter. Use as much as you want, depending on how spicy you want it.]
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 drops of mushroom oyster sauce [You don’t have to add this, but I find it adds more flavour]
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- Juice from 1 lemon.
What to do:
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, crushed chilli and mushroom oyster sauce.
- Place the fillets in a non-stick pan. [We cut the fish into smaller pieces.]
- Pour the mixture onto the fish. [We used a few T/spoons to drizzle the mixture on the fish.]
- Cook the fish on each side
And…Tada! All done. You can add whatever side dish you want. We had rice, sprinkled with oregano, and crispy french fries.